Key Attraction from
Hooker Falls Access Area
For Hooker Falls Access Area on Staton Road, see Directions.
Directions are one way
The Little River drops off a 12 foot ledge at Hooker Falls be-fore flowing into Cascade Lake
further downstream. Hooker Falls is the fourth waterfall on Little River starting with Bridal
Veil Falls, then High Falls, Triple Falls and Hooker Falls.
- Exit Hooker Falls parking lot through the Gate and bear left on Hooker Falls Road 0.3 miles to
the viewing area and an-other 0.1 miles to base of the falls.
This 120-foot waterfall features three cascades with picnic shelter and stairs to the center of the falls.
- For Triple Falls cross the road and the highway bridge facing traffic and take the stairs and Triple Falls Trail
0.3 miles. Foot traffic only.
- Return by going under the highway bridge and take the stairs to the left and
cross the bridge facing traffic.
High Falls slides 120 feet down an inclined plane of granite. The falls and the Covered Bridge can be viewed from the picnic shelter. Access to the base of High Falls is from River Bend Trail.
ONCE AT THE BASE, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CROSS THE RIVER OR CLIMB ON THE ROCKS
From Triple Falls
- Follow Triple Falls trail 0.1 miles and turn left on High Falls Trail 0.5 miles.
- Total distance is 0.6 miles.
From High Falls
- Go up High Falls Trail 0.2 miles.
- Turn left on Covered Bridge Trail 0.2 miles.
- Total distance from High Falls to the Covered Bridge is 0.4 miles.
Alternate Easy Return to Hooker
Falls Access Area
- From the Covered Bridge, go down Buck Forest Road 0.2 miles.
- Turn right on Triple Falls Trail for 1.0 miles.
FOOT TRAFFIC ONLY AFTER TRIPLE FALLS
- Go under the highway bridge and turn left to the stairs to Staton Road and left across the bridge 0.1 miles facing traffic.
- Total distance is 1.3 miles for a loop of 2.6 miles.