1.3-acre Lake Imaging is a charming setting with a picnic shelter and fishing dock.
Take Lake Imaging Road for 0.2 miles.
Grassy Creek Falls
Grassy Creek is a cascade on the Grassy Creek downstream from Wintergreen Falls.
- Continue on Lake Imaging Road.
- Right on Grassy Creek Falls Trail past horse tie-out down the foot path to the waterfall.
Total distance to Grassy Creek Falls is 1.5 miles from Lake Imaging.
Alternate return: Return up the foot path and turn left on Hilltop Trail and left on Lake Imaging Road for a return of 2.5 miles from the falls.
After viewing the Grassy Creek Falls, backtrack on the foot path and continue right on Lake Imaging Road to Buck Forest Road at the Grassy Creek Bridge.
- Continue across the Grassy Creek Bridge to the right on Buck Forest Road to the Covered Bridge just upstream from High Falls.
Total distance to the Covered Bridge is 0.9 miles from Grassy Creek Falls.
High Falls slides 120 feet down an inclined plane of granite. The falls and the Covered Bridge can be viewed from the picnic shelter.
- Cross the bridge, turn right on Covered Bridge Trail and then turn right on High Falls Loop by taking the left fork to the picnic shelter where there a horse tie-out.
Total distance to High Falls is 0.4 miles from the Covered Bridge.
Access to the base of High Falls is from Base of Falls a short distance down down High Falls Loop to a right on Base of Falls.
Once at the base, do not attempt to cross the river or climb up the rocks.
This 120-foot waterfall features three cascades. There are 112 steps just up hill from the viewing area that will take you closer to the falls.
- When you leave the High Falls viewing area, backtrack to the High Falls Loop that turns left down the hill to the path below the shelter.
- Follow High Falls Loop to the junction of the Triple Falls Trail at the top of the hill. Bear right to the Triple Falls viewing area where there is a picnic shelter and horse tie-out.
Total distance from High Falls to Triple Falls is 0.8 miles .
Total distance from the Lake Imaging Access Area to Triple Falls is 3.8 miles.
No wading, swimming or rock climbing is allowed at Triple Falls!
An alternate back to Lake Imaging Access Area is to return up Triple Falls Trail, right on High Falls Loop , left on Buck Forest Road and left on Lake Imaging Road for a total of 3.3 miles making a round trip of 7.1 miles.
The Little River drops off a 12 foot ledge at Hooker Falls before flowing into Cascade Lake further downstream. Hooker Falls is the fourth waterfall on Little River starting with Bridal Veil Falls, then High Falls, Triple Falls and Hooker Falls.
- From the Lake Imaging Access Area, Cross Staton Road and take Holly Road.
- Right on Hooker Falls Road the base of the falls and a horse tie-out.
Total distance from Lake Imaging Access Area to Hooker Falls is 1.8 miles.
Jim Branch ,Hickory Mountain & Ridgeline Trails Loop
This is a moderate route that includes trails favored by mountain bikers.
LEAVE Lake Imaging Access Area on Lake Imaging Road.
LEFT Jim Branch Trail.
LEFT Buck Forest Road.
LEFT White Pine Trail.
LEFT Hooker Creek Trail.
RIGHT Ridgeline Trail.
LEFT Hickory Mountain Loop.
RIGHT Ridgeline Trail.
RIGHT Lake Imaging Road.
Total distance for the loop is 7.0 miles