National Geographic releases a map in cooperation with FODF
Friends of DuPont Forest has partnered with National Geographic to create a Trails Illustrated Topographic Map of DuPont State Recreational Forest. This map includes suggested routes highlighted with descriptions and elevation profiles. Routes were designed by FODF members and can be used by all users of the forest. Because of this partnership, FODF is an Authorized Distributor of the map and can therefore be purchased online from Paypal link below. FODF can also distribute to retailers at wholesale. Profits from map sales are used to support conservation, education, and recreational activities in DuPont State Recreational Forest.
The National Geographic DuPont State Recreation Forest Map features:
- Trail type indications – single track narrow, single track wide and forest road
- Reverse side with suggested trail routes highlighted with descriptions, elevation profiles and distances. Routes are from 3-25 miles in length.
- Manageable size of 26 1/4″ x 19 1/2″ flat; 4″ x 7 1/2″ folded
- Trail segments labeled with length
- Trail segments labeled with difficulty – black diamond (difficult), blue square(moderate), and green circle (easy)
- Contours at 20 ft intervals
- Waterproof and Tear Resistant
- Trail Reference and Rating Grid (Difficult, Moderate, Easy) with total trail distances in miles – easy to find trail location!
- Trail detail
- Trail detail from National Geographic 2015 map of DuPont